[DeTomaso] Wiper arm

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri Jul 5 11:02:38 EDT 2013

In a message dated 7/5/13 7 45 12, boyd411 at gmail.com writes:

> I don't know if it has any bearing on the wiper arms , but he wiper
> motors are made by Lucas. I was looking for a replacement and prices for a
> Pantera wiper motor  were in the $200 range. I found  a replacement from a
> Triumph on Ebay for $15.00, ( I needed to use my own old drive cable ), the
> Triumph cable was shorter.
>

>>>Note that although externally the various motors are the same, they can
differ internally, which changes the amount they rotate.   The drive gear
cover is stamped with an arrow (showing the directio that the wipers park,
either left or right) and a part number.   So while it's possible that a motor
from a different car is a direct replacement, it's also possible that you'd
have to swap over the drive gear or something, in order to get the desired
sweep.

Cheers!