[DeTomaso] Wiper arm

Boyd Casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 10:45:11 EDT 2013

I don't know if it has any bearing on the wiper arms , but he wiper motors
are made by Lucas. I was looking for a replacement and prices for a
Panterawiper motor  were in the $200 range. I found  a replacement
from a Triumph
on Ebay for $15.00, ( I needed to use my own old drive cable ), the Triumph
cable was shorter. Then  two weeks ago I was at a very large antique car
show (400 - 500 hundred cars ) and I saw an absolutely beautiful
Lamborghini Muria stuck on the side of the road near the entrance to the
show. The car needed a jump so I offered to help  and I was very surprised
when the owner tilted the front shell up to access the battery and there
was the exact wiper motor we had in the Pantera ( and Triumph ) and who
knows how many other cars.  So From a $2,000,000 Muria to a $3,000 triumph
and who knows what in between we share allot of parts with other cars ( no
news flash here) but I suppose my point is to start searching  for wiper
arms at junk yards , swap meets etc. If you can discover a substitute
source you will have struck gold.
Boyd