[DeTomaso] Cam selection for 383 stroker

Daniel C Jones daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 4 21:40:47 EDT 2013

> Maybe a custom ground if so what specs?

I can model your engine in Dynomation and design an custom cam.
I can also compare the results to both of the Crane cams. It takes me
about a day to do a thorough job of it.  I do ask for a small donation
to the Cleveland dyno project fund.  BTW, we've dyno tested the Crane
hydraulic roller lobes in 351C stroker engines and much prefer the
Bullet lobes we now use.  500 HP should not be a problem but you
will need to pay attention to some details if you want to turn a 351C
hydraulic roller valve train to 7000 RPM.

CHI has the 208cc flow numbers on their website but they don't list
the intake and exhaust valve diameters.  Are they 2.19"/1.65" or do
they use  a smaller diameter intake valve?  The CHI advertised flow
numbers have been a bit optimistic when flowed on our flow bench
but I can adjust for that.  The CHI single plane has always tested well.
 Whose crankshaft are you using and what will be your rod length?
Also, what is the CFM rating of your carb?

Dan Jones