[DeTomaso] Wiper arm

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Thu Jul 4 03:18:35 EDT 2013

In a message dated 7/3/13 8:22:15 PM, cengles at cox.net writes:

> Is it possible that the wiper arms might also be sourced from Jaguar or
> another British source, which might provide some wiper arms for the
> Pantera??

The wiper arms on our '72 Pantera are marked 'Darvan & C. Brevett #3'
(unknown country) while the (2-rod type) blade holders are Carello. I've seen
these Carello blade holders on old Jags. Wiper drivers on the Pantera are
0.550" diameter, used by most Ford & Chevy car & trucks, so the problem is really
of going to the closest junkyard and finding an arm (or two) from a
'60s/70s/80s vehicle that's the right length with a 0.550" ID socket. The slightly
bent arm-ends can be reshaped.
This has other advantages: stock wipers are well known for lifting off the
Pantera windsheld at higher speeds, and later arms and blade holders often
have aerodynamic add-ons that prevent this from happening (not that much rain
remains on a windshield at 120+). The OEM arms and blade holders are
stainless while later assemblies on many cars are black-oxide coated, which is
non-glare and lasts far longer than rattle-can paint. Try an arm off one of
your other cars; it will likely fit.
Good luck- J Deryke (who actually uses his wipers!)