[DeTomaso] Wiper arm

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Jul 3 20:27:02 EDT 2013

In a message dated 7/3/13 15 36 19, fredhen at online.no writes:

> Hi All :)
> Today I accidentally broke the windscreen wiper on the passenger side: (
>   It is not repairable. someone who has one to sell me? wiper park on your
> right. but I can modify if anyone has one that park on your left. also
> very
> appreciative of any tips, if anyone knows where I can get hold of a piece.
>

>>>You are in very big trouble.   The overwhelming majority of Panteras
made had the wipers which parked on the left.   Those arms are rare and
expensive.

Wipers that park on the right are even more rare, and more expensive.   You
may have a very difficult time finding what you need.

The left-side-park arms are the same on both sides of the car, but the
right-side-park arms are different from one side to the other.

The part number for what you need is 17010C; the description is:

Wiper arm, black finish, RH side (RH park).

Wilkinson lists them for only $62.56:

http://www.panterapartsusa.com/cgi-bin/detail.cgi?prod_id=17010C

But I doubt if he has any available.   You will have to contact him and
ask--and perhaps several of the other vendors as well, before you find one, and
you will probably pay more than that--a LOT more.

According to the Ford parts book, it is made by Trico and is 14 3/4 inches
long.   The LH arm is 18" long.

Good luck!