[DeTomaso] Rim Offsets

Daniel C Jones daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 15:33:07 EDT 2013

> OMG, it was scary, I was not used to all that sidewall movement and wobbly
> feeling in my car ( which is stiffened and lowered, etc )

Those weren't by chance less than V-rated tires?  I've discussed this with a
tire engineer and he pointed out that higher speed rated tires are designed
with less sidewall flex since sidewall flex at high speeds increases the tire
temperature which can lead to tire failure.   He believes that most H and
lower rated tires have too much sidewall flex with poor response
characteristics.

Dan Jones