[DeTomaso] Rim Offsets

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 15:20:46 EDT 2013

Interesting observations on the stock wheels, my experience as far as
comfort goes was the exact opposite.

I had never driven my car with anything other than the 245/40/17 and
335/35/17 that came on it when it was purchased until I decided
to enter it in the HHI Concours two years after I bought it.  I installed
the Campy's (7/8's) with the appropriate tires on it front and back and
took off
to drive to the event.

OMG, it was scary, I was not used to all that sidewall movement and wobbly
feeling in my car ( which is stiffened and lowered, etc )
and has considerably more power than stock.  I quickly dialed it back and
crept to the show and back, those things couldn't come off too soon.

To be fair, it had been years since I have driven on anything that wasn't
at least 60 series and far stiffer, I much prefer the solid, full, firm
footprint of a larger
contact patch on the Pantera.

Michael Shortt