[DeTomaso] Rim Offsets

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 14:54:57 EDT 2013

from a 7 to an 8 inch rim.  Easier parking, a bit more road feel, any
comment on impact on tramlining?  I remember my first drive in a Pantera,
back in 1980 - it was a serious handful with its non-stock rims.
***Tramlininig with 7 and 8s should be a non-issue. Can you try driving some
cars with different rim/tire combinations before spending money?

I used to have a '72 pre-L with 7 and 8s, 225 up front and 255 in back. The
steering was light, direct, and was a delight. The GT5-S has a completely
different feel, and while it is no doubt more capable due to the sheer
dimension of the rubber, it is a handful. I've done all the common mods
which have helped tramlining, etc, but a stock, narrow body car is still
much more effortless any day.

Tire/rim selection can completely change the feel of the car, so I'd really
recommend trying some on for size before spending the money...