[DeTomaso] Rim Offsets

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Jul 3 03:13:26 EDT 2013

In a message dated 7/2/13 21 53 9, garth_rodericks at yahoo.com writes:

> Also, I know the 5 bolt pattern on 4.5 circle is typical Ford, but can
> anyone tell me which Ford might best match what a Pantera used, in terms of
> bolt pattern and offset?
>
>>>Well, in terms of bolt pattern, all Fords since time immemorial are the
same (as far as I know).

With respect to offset, don't expect to be able to buy wheels for another
car and have them fit properly on a Pantera.   17x9 Mustang wheels, for
instance, are too wide in the front and too narrow in the rear.   You will
want/need to buy Pantera-specific wheels, either those available from a vendor, or
you'll have to have wheels custom-made to the appropriate specifications.

Wait until your car shows up (congrats again!) and then you can pull and
measure your own wheels to determine how you want your new ones to fit.

What does it currently have?