[DeTomaso] World's first aftermarket Cleveland engine in production

Will Kooiman will.kooiman at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 23:01:34 EDT 2013

404lbs would be for aluminum block, heads, water pump, etc. give or take.

I weighed 2 of my stock blocks on a bathroom scale.  Both were 174 lbs.

MME and Buttermore are not collaborating, nor is MME stealing Buttermore's
designs.  The MME block is very different from the Buttermore block.

Maybe you could say MME is stealing Buttermore's thunder - or perhaps
capitalizing on the market interest.  I doubt that Buttermore is doing
anything unique in his blocks.

The Buttermore block looks like a stock block + priority main oiling +
better mains.  It even retains the original casting numbers.

The MME block looks more like a race block.
--
Will