[DeTomaso] World's first aftermarket Cleveland engine in production

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 17:52:45 EDT 2013

Your link said 404 lbs for a built AL. Block engine, Ford says 550 lbs for
a stock cleveland. I rounded it off to 140 lbs in weight savings.
If you add more money, it doesn't change the power/weight ratio.
Just makes it cost even more and gives your that much more money to add HP
to a standard iron build.
Of course the lighter car will handle better and be easier on tires, etc.
This why Colin Chapman won races, lightweight cars.
I guess the point That I was making was, unless you are super serious and
racing, there are better ways to spend money to get a bigger bang for your
money by simply getting more hp instead of lower weight.

Michael Shortt