[DeTomaso] World's first aftermarket Cleveland engine in production

Daniel C Jones daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 17:41:05 EDT 2013

> So, give or take about 140 lbs less weight.
> Assuming a 3100 wet weight with 500 hp, that equals 6.2 lbs per hp vs 5.92 lbs per hp for $4,000.

I don't follow your math.  $4000 is for the bare block which gets you a
weight savings of 50 to 60 lbs.  You need figure in the cost of all the
other stuff for the 140 lbs weight savings.  Also, you'll need to add the
cost of final block machining.  IIRC, MME was well over $1000 for the block
machining.

Dan Jones