[DeTomaso] Batteries & Modules

Larry - Ohio Time Corp larry at ohiotimecorp.com
Tue Jul 2 14:07:26 EDT 2013

John,

Series:

As in series or one after another. Talking batteries, Battery A's (+) is
wired to battery B's (-). This leaves you with Battery A's (-) open and
battery B's (+) open. Measuring the voltage at the two open points will give
you 24 volts direct current at the same amperage as the listed battery.

Parallel:

As in next to each other. Battery A's (+) goes the battery B's (+) and
Battery A's (-) goes the battery B's (-). This will give you 12 volts direct
current at the total of the two batteries amperage.

Heavy equipment will use batteries wired either way to give you the voltage
or amperage you need. My old dozer had 2, 6 volt batteries wired in series
to give 12 VDC at a higher amperage then one battery.

Larry - Cleveland