[DeTomaso] Pikes Peak

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Jul 2 10:14:48 EDT 2013

In a message dated 7/2/13 6 38 24, gow2 at rc-tech.net writes:

> There was a car next to our pits. I think it was this one (I did not take
> a photo of it) which had a ZF from a Pantera:
>
> http://actionmatrix.com/Trails/PikesPeak/Images/Racing/Racing01.jpg
>

>>>That's a Wells Coyote.   Dennis Quella does a lot of ZF work for
numerous different competitors who run those cars.

He told me that they run stock De Tomaso driveshafts, and put so much power
through them that they literally twist, like licorice sticks.   They're not
junk at that point--they just flip them around and run them the other way,
and on the next run they un-twist!