[DeTomaso] Pikes Peak

gow2 at rc-tech.net gow2 at rc-tech.net
Tue Jul 2 09:38:10 EDT 2013

There was a car next to our pits. I think it was this one (I did not take
a photo of it) which had a ZF from a Pantera:

http://actionmatrix.com/Trails/PikesPeak/Images/Racing/Racing01.jpg

We laugh at 3rd world countries where people get as close to at rack as
possible and we think it is a problem in 3rd world uneducated
countries........We'll the poeple here are no diferent. Men, women
children, adults holding babies, close enough one woman got her camera
smacked as the car went by. Everyone turn nd giggle bragging about how
close the car was when it whent by. I stood behind a boulder further back.

This race will kill a group of people one day. Last year one of the high
HP car had a throttle stuck and he picked an opening between the crowd and
launched it off the mountain into the tops of trees. He was back this
year.

Gary