[DeTomaso] Batteries & Modules

Richard Greenblum pantera at austin.rr.com
Mon Jul 1 21:16:07 EDT 2013

Someone helping me with my car left the ignition in the "run" position on Sunday afternoon--I just discovered it a few minutes ago. The battery is obviously dead. I connected my charger to it. It doesn't matter what I set it on (2, 10, or 50 amps), the needle maxes out.  On anything other than 2 amps, the charger resets and quits.  I'm guessing the batt (a less than one year old Optima Red Top) is trash.

I'm also wondering if it could have fried the Mallory HiFire (spelling?) box.

I remember comments on 2 batts in series to bring them back, or something like that. If that's the case, this one's going in the trash...

Thanks.

Richard
Austin, US F1, Texas

Sent from my iPhone