[DeTomaso] Pantera project for sale on E-Bay

Kirby Schrader kirby.schrader at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 19:02:46 EDT 2013

Ken,

Measured at the intake manifold with a typical gauge that measured vacuum and boost…
So gauge pressure…. 0 was engine off.

And I should note that I was just comparing the _method_, not the actual installation.
I had a kit from a company called Shelby Spearco back in the early '80's which looked a LOT better than that system shown on the Pantera.

It was one turbo which pulled through a Holley 4bbl carburetor and then into the intake. The left bank exhaust crossed over to the right bank, then to the turbo, then out a 4" single exhaust which I Y'd into a dual 2 1/2" exhaust with two 'Corvair turbo mufflers'.

I tried three different camshafts before I got one that really worked well.

Oh, and I didn't run 22 for long. Even though I had lowered the compression to 9, it was real hard on head gaskets.
Fastest damned 351/400M I've ever driven. I never dyno'd it, so I don't have any HP figures.
No, it wasn't 1,000 HP. No EFI.
:-)

I honestly wish I still had that Bronco…. Oh, well.

Regards,
Kirby