[DeTomaso] Oil Pump Pressure

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Thu Jan 31 18:39:11 EST 2013

In a message dated 1/31/13 11:23:02 AM, will.kooiman at gmail.com writes:

> BTW, my understanding is a 351C pump is already the largest of the
> classic Ford V8s, including the 429/460 and FEs.

That's true, now that you mention it. The casting is much larger than the
351-W, 427 or 428 FE (not sure about the 429/460), the inlet is bigger and
the relief valve is quite a bit larger. And since 351-Cs got only cast iron
pumps-including aftermarket from Melling while the others had varients with
aluminum pumps, it's heavier too. Last year when I adapted a 5.0-L alumiinum
pump to our Fontana (bottom end is all Cleveland), in researching what would
fit I noticed the massive size. FWIW- J Deryke