[DeTomaso] Oil Pump Pressure

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Thu Jan 31 01:59:37 EST 2013

In a message dated 1/30/13 10:17:10 PM, shawkins777 at comcast.net writes:

> I think the term Hi-volume is misleading, if nothing else is changed in
> an engine but the oil pump, you can't increase volume without increasing
> pressure.

Agreed. And if you're using the stock in-dash electric gauge, it is lying
to you; they all read low. Back-check with a tee fitting in the rear of the
block, using one leg of the tee for a 0-100 psi mechanical gauge and the
other leg for the stock sender. I once borrowed a dozen new senders from a shop
that stocked them and tried them one after another on my engine. I got 9
different pressures- none of which agreed with the mechanical gauge. So IMHO
the stock gauge tells me the engine is running. If I want to see my real oil
pressure, I open the decklid and look. YMMV- J Deryke