[DeTomaso] Rain Water Ingestion in Velocity Stacks

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Tue Jan 29 19:01:45 EST 2013

In a message dated 1/29/13 8:04:06 AM, spkorb at gmail.com writes:

> I imagine that a modified screen with an extension over the last two
> webbers would fix the problem.   But then you can't see your webbers and that's
> kind of the best part of having webbers.
>
> Doesn't Goran have a plexiglass air box over his intake?

As does Jerry Brubaker's dark green '74 show car. Kind of complex but
attractive. Incidently, once you're moving, no water will get anywhere close to
Weber stacks due to the huge volume of under-car air exhausted out the rear
'window' opening in the decklid. Also keeps water out of the distributor.
Parking in bad weather or running thru an automated car wash is a whole 'nother
subject. I personally wouldn't drive a street car without an air cleaner,
since I can't afford the frequent engine overhauls this causes from inhaled
dirt and dust. FWIW- J Deryke