[DeTomaso] Rain Water Ingestion in Velocity Stacks

Sean Korb spkorb at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 11:03:47 EST 2013

Some of us early car owners have the same problem.  We don't run
webbers but the early motor cover screens did not have a hood under
them.  There was a TSB to attach a sheet metal hood under the screen
to keep the rain off of the air cleaner and out of the intake.

The fix came quickly in the later screens that had an integrated hood.
 I imagine that a modified screen with an extension over the last two
webbers would fix the problem.

But then you can't see your webbers and that's kind of the best part
of having webbers.

Doesn't Goran have a plexiglass air box over his intake?

Cheers,
sean