[DeTomaso] Rain Water Ingestion in Velocity Stacks

Will Kooiman will.kooiman at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 10:59:22 EST 2013

I have filters that enclose the stacks.

The bottom plate (as I'm told) should seal against the top of the Webers.
That puts the air bleeds at the same pressure as the stacks.  I doubt that
it matters for K/N filters, though, since they have very little
restriction.

You can buy K/N filters that work for a single Weber 48IDF, but you'll
have to whack 'em to get them to fit.  They fit the carburetor perfectly,
but the two carbs are close enough that they touch.

You can probably buy a filter housing from Hall Pantera.  I had mine made
from eMachine shop - about $1,000.

You could put a plate (sheet) about 2" higher than the stacks.  That would
keep rain water out.  I have seen race cars like that before.

When I was running with open webers, I used red plastic covers on the
stacks.  That kept junk out of the carbs when it is parked.  When you are
driving, you probably won't injest enough water to matter.

--
Will