[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 103, Issue 28-Computers... past and present

Denny Morse denman at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 03:51:12 EST 2013

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 4:09 PM, <RCBSONS1 at aol.com> wrote:

> Speaking of computers and Driving... my office
> is in Googleland.. just over the freeway.. I keep
> passing a self driving Lexus Suv on the roads
> .. two people inside with one on the passenger side that
> usually has a phone he is checking and the one driving
> is just sitting there with no hands on the wheels
>
> Denny in our club... Gps expert must be involved??

I've seen the equipment and technology on these cars and it's pretty
awesome. Laws have been passed in California and Nevada to allow us to
drive these on public roads in both states. The Google self-driving cars
have have made multiple hands-free trips from Mountain View, CA to Santa
Monica, CA. Even though my degrees and research were all in Aerospace
Engineering Control Theory and Robotics I do not work on this project. I am
a software engineer in the site-reliability engineering group charged with
keeping google.com up and serving our users through thick and thin.

Denny
----