[DeTomaso] distributor

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Sun Jan 27 21:48:49 EST 2013

Dear Brad,

            Let me see if I understand this:  you have bilateral leg
weakness from a neurological problem; you are a Pantera owner for two years
and you have had multiple problems with the distributor shaft pin?  If that
is right, then I would ask if the past repairs have looked past replacing
the pin?   Did the mechanic look at the oil pump?   From what little I know
about Clevelands, either your mechanic has been overlooking a possible
persistent fundamental problem in the oil pump or he has been replacing the
distributor shaft pin with something not up to the job.

            More than one bona fide Ford mechanic has implicated the oil
pump as the actual generator of most of the distributor shaft pin failure
problems.  I am just an amateur.

                        Warmest regards,  Chuck Engles