[DeTomaso] Cain (AussieSpeed) Cleveland IDF Manifold

Will Kooiman will.kooiman at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 13:40:56 EST 2013

That's very good information.  Good job.

Those air filters should fit without touching.  I think I've seen them on
a V8 before.

One note I forgot.  Weber manifolds don't have vacuum ports.  IDA
carburetors don't either.  IDF carburetors might.

When you lose the vacuum, you lose

1.  Vacuum advance to the distributor.
2.  Vacuum boost to the brakes.
3.  PCV valve.

I'm not sure what to do about vacuum advance.  Holleys work well with
vacuum advance, but they also lean out at high vacuum (power valve
closed).  I haven't gone there yet on my Webers.  Once I get my car back
on the road, I'll tune everything with an O2 sensor.

I switched to manual brakes well before I switched to Webers, so losing
vacuum boost was a non-issue for me.

If you don't run some type of PCV, you will get an oily mess on the engine.

--
Will