[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 103, Issue 24-cracks in body

RCBSONS1 at aol.com RCBSONS1 at aol.com
Thu Jan 24 18:50:58 EST 2013

I had my car repainted a few years back.. no stripping to bare metal
but a nice paint job.... I have all the braces, cage, deck pinned
and still have cracking at the deck curves.. Seems like the spirited
road drives over the mountains are the toughest on things as you
round a corner with crowned road and dips it does take its toll on things
Too much Ice around here in the hills for our weekend trips right now

Only one race track had a bad spot.. Reno after the back straight
rounding the first turn at 100 plus and you hit something that just
about pitches you into the weeds.. the faster you went the worse it was

Most race tracks are Baby Smooth as the Dawg would say.. take her
on a mountain road and hold on... although Virgina City Hill Climb is really
smooth.. just don't put it over the edge as it is a long way down and it
will the cracking will be a minor problem

Bob Benson #3 Black Pantera