[DeTomaso] Spring rates

richard bosch theemonkey at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 23 17:25:39 EST 2013

"Just curious, how can I tell what my spring rates are if I don't know them?  I assume they would have to be removed from the car to be measured.   My car has Koni shocks that were on the car when I bought it 25 years ago.  I always thought my car had a "firm" ride but since I haven't been in many other Panteras I don't know what the normal ride feels like."
If they are aftermarket springs they may be labeled with either a part # or the spring rate.QA1,also known as Carrera,Prints the spring rate and length on the spring.
Non flared cars have a stock spring rate of 250 front 350 rear.GT5 stock is 450 front 550 rear.Gt5 cars will have a firmer ride as well do to less tire sidewall height that a non flared car.