[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 103, Issue 23-Shocks

RCBSONS1 at aol.com RCBSONS1 at aol.com
Wed Jan 23 14:50:35 EST 2013

I can confirm I have 550/750 aldin eagle shocks on my Pantera
I just got one back from Bobby Byers fixed free.. I have an extra
front and rear and have done about 5 repairs in 8 years.. As stated
a while back the car had another vendor's 250/450 combo and it
was way too soft for any track or spirited driving.. I can show you
the marks on the rear shafts hitting the inter body and I had several
tell me the front wheel was lifting out of the corners at Pahrump years back

That being said I drive my car almost every week on the street
and with Kalifornia freeways being the roughest the car is still
very smooth... Dot road race tires due tend to wander a little
but I have had them on several cars and I am used to it
Aldins do keep the car on rails.. but tires, cage, camber, 1" bars
18" wheels, poly graphite bushings and brace kit all help

My firebird use to ride like a dumptruck but I just put a new speedtech
tubular coil over setup in the front and it has made the car much more
friendly... stiffeners on front rear etc also keep it planted.. I have about
500 miles on that car in the last month working between storms breaking
in the new motor

Like the say DRIVE IT.. I do as often as I can

Bob Benson #3 Black Pantera--Headed to Laguna the end of March for a 105 db
day:)