[DeTomaso] Spring Rates

Garth Rodericks garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 21 17:53:10 EST 2013

Thanks Mike!  I've made the correction below.

All - Please reply to the List and add your spring/shock info below.

200 350 Ariston or Telecar OEM STOCK Telecar – non-rebuildable
Ariston – Koni internals; rebuildable; Pat Mical can  rebuild and convert to adj coilover
400 650 Aldan Eagle Scott Couchman Pre-L
450 550 Koni Mike Daily Pre-L
450 550 QA1 or Eagle Brent Stewart Pre-L ; Have needed rebuild several times within a year.
400 500   Jack DeRyke Pre-L
400 500   Tony
350 600   Bob Fluty
450 550 Koni Larry Finch Pre-L
550 750   Bob Benson Pre-L
400 650 Aldan AS-755R Dave Bell Pre-L ; Installed 6 or 7 years ago.  The ride height is set with the arms more or less horizontal.  The compression and rebound were adjusted for track conditions years ago and I have left them alone since.  The shocks have probably 20k miles and at least 5 or 6 fairly brutal track weekends on them.  The car corners flat and is very responsive on the track, but still has a comfortable though firm street ride.  No leaks, no problems. I recommend them.
400 600   Bob Radfield
375 550   Chuck Engles 1
425 600   Chuck Engles 2
425 600   Unknown