[DeTomaso] FW: FW:-  Waterless Coolant

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sun Jan 20 15:45:57 EST 2013

A couple of Pantera guys currently use it (not me). Besides what Gary
mentioned, it runs at atmospheric pressure so the rad cap needs to be vented
rather than pressure-holding.   I'm also told its a good idea to use high temp
hoses, gaskets and seals in parts that contact the stuff as it can reach much
higher temps than pressurized water. You may not get nucleate-boiling
bubbles with Evans, but the temps the heads see in the sensitive exhaust valve
seat areas are pretty much the same as with pressurized water.

No racers in any series in the world that I know of use the stuff
regularly. Not sure, but Propylene Glycol (Evans Coolant) may be banned on tracks for
the same reason that Ethylene Glycol (conventional antifreeze) is: when
spilled as in an accident, hot glycol reacts with asphalt so that part of the
track becomes permanently slippery. Repair involves removal of the affected
asphalt. Hot glycol also dissolves lead from babbit main & rod bearings, so
internal engine leaks into the pan are un-good with any glycols.
No, thanks; maybe later- J Deryke