[DeTomaso] FW: FW:- Waterless Coolant

gow2 at rc-tech.net gow2 at rc-tech.net
Sat Jan 19 16:30:21 EST 2013

I have used it and my brother has as well.

The idea is it boils at a much higher temp. You can not have any water or
other coolant in the system. Since it does not boil it can help with hot
spots.

If your coolant is running 210° it is running hotter at different spots in
the engine. Specific spots can boil the water/coolant and create a vapor
cavity where no coolant touches it and it gets hotter. This would be a
problematic hot spot. Since Evans does not boil it never creates the air
pocket limiting hot spots.

There are problems with Evans.

First, it does not cool as well as traditional coolant. If you have plenty
of cooling capacity it doesn't matter. Your temp is controlled by your
thermostat not your coolant until you reach a cooling limit.

Second, there is one type of coolant you can use on the road in a pinch
but not the best idea. You almost need to carry reserve Evans with you.

Third, if you do any radiator/cooling work to your car it is expensive
enough you need to recover it and re-use it. PITA on a Pantera. I went
through it for a while on a traditional engine config and I would not want
to do it on a Pantera.

Fourth......what I would call the biggie.......It is very flammable.

I changed back to normal coolant.

Gary