[DeTomaso] Speedhut versus Autometer gauges help

gow2 at rc-tech.net gow2 at rc-tech.net
Fri Jan 18 17:23:23 EST 2013

There are a couple different reasons for Aircraft GPS being more
expensive. One is they typically require more satellites to confirm
navigation. They also notify you of accepted navigation levels because of
available satellites and due to messages satellite give out about their
integrity.

Anything not aviation just takes the signal they get and say here it is.

Also, Aviation is certified to a high degree of scrutiny and lower
production then other GPS marketed for the general use. It means a high
price but not necessarily a better unit.

GPS tracking is not that hard. Cheap devices doing computations will be no
less accurate then expensive devices. They all read the same signal.

As far as the sat moving, it is not about the movement of the sat
refference. That is minor or slow to the point it has no effect on the
accuracy of speed; only that the map is off.