[DeTomaso] Speedhut versus Autometer gauges help

Boyd Casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 17:11:00 EST 2013

As  I said , I knew  a certain degree a certain degree of locational
information was intentionally erronious. The speed information may have
been urban legend or perhaps the unit in question was not  new enough
or the GPS  being used was  a portable aviation unit. They make portable
pilot  GPS thigh mounted  units that need to be able to meet the speed and
altitude limits of aircraft the are intended to be used in. I believe the
articcle I read refered to Automotive GPS units. The air craftgps devices
are considerabelly more expensive. I picked up my last Tom Tom for $99
bucks. The gist of this article was "build a cruise  missle for  $1000 (or
something along those lines.  I first read this article years ago and the
last thing I remember about the whole subject the Government ( New Zealand
or Austrailia) put the Kalashnikov on the whole thing. I believe they
approached the author and warned him about " actions that were contrary to
the "national security interests" and or the risk of being kidnapped by Al
Queda or Iran etc. So that was that. Just now I searched and found this
link.

http://www.aardvark.co.nz/pjet/cruise.shtml