[DeTomaso] Speedhut versus Autometer gauges help

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 14:23:32 EST 2013

I turned an early-generation GPS receiver on once on a commercial airplane
flight and it read perfectly well at 600mph so I think that the maximum
speed thing is urban legend.

The rest is true - a certain amount of error is built in for security
reasons. But I think that is more related to exact location than your speed.

On an open highway with no tall buildings, I get a fairly stable gps speed
on my TomTom and believe it to be more accurate than the stock speedo

Charles McCall
Raising Pantera Awareness Across Europe
1985 DeTomaso Pantera #9375