[DeTomaso] Is the manual shift dead?

Sean Korb spkorb at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 13:57:59 EST 2013

I really like stick.  But...

All paddles are not the same.  I tried paddles in a Honda Fit and it
was miserable.  That's not paddle shifting, it's pusbutton auto
transmission.

I also tried a Masarati.  It was *much* more difficult to get used to,
so I hated it at first... and then... I think I could really get used
to it.  Precise, fast and fun.  But give me an Ed Roth shifter tall
enough to scrape my knuckles on the rearview mirror and I'm happy.

sean