[DeTomaso] Is the manual shift dead?

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 13:35:37 EST 2013

I like manuals the best, but I have to admit the Selectshift Auto in the
Magnum and my wife's 7 spd selectshift in the SLK is pretty awesome,
you can play when you feel like it or cruise with free hand if you don't.

I'm glad the Excursion is an auto for towing, but I suppose if I had a big
Tow vehicle, I'd want a stick...or maybe not,
as a former teen age school bus driver, I had my fill of 3ft.  tall
gearshift levers/handles.

I can't imagine racing with one or taking one on a trip like the Tail of
the Dragon, I use the motor as a brake as much as the brakes
and to keep throttle response fast by keeping the car at the right revs for
the sweet spot on the cam.

Michael Shortt