[DeTomaso] Wiring harness for 72 pantera

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Jan 16 15:05:53 EST 2013

In a message dated 1/16/13 11 49 19, lwall67 at gmail.com writes:

> I also know that several of the members of this list forget more in a day
> than I will ever know about Pantera electronics and would love to hear
> their
> thoughts.  If any of you know a better solution I would love to hear that
> as
> well.
>

>>>Just curious--what is inspiring the replacement of your existing
harness?   I replaced my stock '72 harness with a stock '74 harness because it
seemed to be a reasonable thing to do at the time, as a few wires had burned on
my original harness due to previous owner buffoonary.   But in retrospect it
was a lot of work for not much gain, and I would have been smarter to just
repair those sections that needed work and leave the rest alone.

There are a couple of philosophical flaws with certain elements of the
car's stock wiring scheme (headlight and fan circuits specifically), but bolt-on
or DIY solutions are available to simply deal with those without disturbing
the rest.

Unless your car was parked underwater, I find it difficult to see
justification for the work and expense of replacing the entire harness, so I'm
interested to hear your perspective?

Cheers!