[DeTomaso] Ethanol gasoline

Sean Korb spkorb at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 15:59:33 EST 2013

I got it.  Your aluminium tank should offer some protection.  I run
just 5 to 10% ethanol in my motorcycle and other cars including my
Pantera.  The key is to not let them sit and use modern fuel lines.
Old rubber just disintegrates.

I find in practice running a tank every 3 months has been fine, but
formulations vary wildly.  I'm in the southeast with a bit more
generous proportions of gasoline than the west.

sean