[DeTomaso] 351w or 351c

Sean Korb spkorb at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 19:18:11 EST 2013

I think you could start by looking at Dan Jones' post yesterday with a
couple of examples.  Do an archive search on his ongoing Dyno project
(maybe even contribute) and that can help a lot with your selections.
A cam must be matched to heads, manifold and exhaust as well as
compression so there may be one thing you want that leads all the
other factors.  Your AFD heads for example may set compression for the
pistons you already have.  You may want a manifold that fits under the
engine cover and do you want EFI?  All these can point to what you
will be happy with and how you can squeeze the last bit of power out
of your combo with the proper cam selection.

sean