[DeTomaso] Parts car?

Corey Price coreyjprice at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 17:37:15 EST 2013

I'm with Gary here.  For me, it's not about the money, it's about having a good time and building what I want.  I was warned to not buy a project, didn't listen, and I'm still happy with my decision.  It's been fun and I bought a good canvas that needs a little straightening here and there.  I respect the people who tried to warn me a great deal, but it isn't always cut & dry.

I bought my Pantera for a decent price. It is much more sound than the car that this topic is about.  It really doesn't have rust as far as I can tell, even after being examined thoroughly over the last two years.  The part with the most rust are the headlight buckets which were completely original with original paint, and they aren't that bad really.  Now the engine is a different story, but it was a virgin block so no need to throw it away.

I've been able to trade and buy used parts and it hasn't been that bad.  Between all the new parts the car came with and the ones I've traded for or purchased, I have most of the interior, almost all exterior parts in nearly new or new form, and a completely rebuilt suspension and brake system.  Best part is that I still have only about $16k into it.  Yes, I still need to rebuild the engine and paint the car. Yes, I need a ZF.  It will come.

A chinese saying fits this- man who says "it cannot be done" should not interrupt the man who is doing it.

Corey