[DeTomaso] Parts car?

gow2 at rc-tech.net gow2 at rc-tech.net
Wed Jan 9 14:33:13 EST 2013

My car looked pretty nice when I started; but I knew the truth. If I had
bought a rough car for $10,000 less the amount of work I put into it would
not have been that much different.

It is easy to take some nice photos of a car which really needs more of a
make over then it seems. The make over being very similar to a car being
$15,000 or a car being $40,000.

If, like me, there is no better gratification then to build the car you
want, with your ideas, to your specification. In this respect I would much
prefer to buy a car I can work with then buy a car which is done. The
photos of the red car show it may have a lot of underlying issues but the
photos of the $40,000 car may very well be the same car with a nice paint
job.

I don't see $15,000 out of bounds for a Pantera in rough shape with all
it's parts. There is very little difference in a total rebuild of that and
a car with issues with a shiny coat of paint.

This is what I started with.

Before:
http://www.rc-tech.net/cars2/panttransam/gal/71pantera04small.jpg
http://www.rc-tech.net/cars2/panttransam/gal/71pantera05small.jpg