[DeTomaso] Engine rebuild or New

clewis at dmn.net clewis at dmn.net
Fri Jan 4 15:31:47 EST 2013

Many of you know of my nightmare of an engine build with MME (avoid them like the plague and warn any Pantera owners not to do business with those
thieves!)

Early in 2012 I connected with Jeff Lawrence Racing Engines, in West Hampton (Long Island), New York.

Jeff delivered a complete rebuild of my engine, hydraulic roller cam, run in and dyno tuned.  It was delivered on time, within the bidget.  At no
time was there ever any attempt to up sell or gouge me for more money.  The engine makes 645 HP @ 6500 RPM and has a redline of 6800 RPM.

I have run it every week since late May without a single mechanical issue.  It has been a complete joy to be able to drive my car without coming home
on a flatbed every 150 miles, which was how things were with the engine MME built.

I would recommend anybody having a engine built or rebuilt in the NY metropolitan area at least give Jeff a call to discuss there needs.  Jeff has a
web presence and his phone number is 631-288-4575.

Best Regards, Chris