[DeTomaso] Engine rebuild or New

Kirby Schrader kirby.schrader at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 14:13:11 EST 2013

There is another option... build a Clevor with as many of your existing
parts as possible.

My new Pantera engine is 393ci with an SVO Ford Racing iron block, 9.2"
deck height.
.
That's a Windsor style block, but I used my ancient old Cleveland 4V iron
heads.
Made a plate to fit under the intake and was able to use the same headers
and EFI intake manifold that were on my Cleveland. It only made 544HP and
488TQ on the dyno without trying too hard, but I like it. Blows the old 377
away.

Yes, had to drill and tap holes in the heads for the coolant exit and use a
remote thermostat, but I'd already done that kind of setup on my GT40, so
it was pretty painless. Pictures of the coolant setup can be requested if
you ask nicely.
:-)

Everything else just bolted right up.

FWIW,