[DeTomaso] $50 PMGR starter, was Re:  Starters W vs. C

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Feb 24 20:33:11 EST 2013

In a message dated 2/24/13 13 08 3, guido_detomaso at prodigy.net writes:

> I might like to try that out on a 302 with C4 and a Mustang II
> flexplate/bellhousing, just for the sake of science.  According to this
> discussion, that's a 148 tooth flexplate ... is there a DB Electrical part
> number that will work?
>
>>>Contact DB Electrical and they will hook you up.   Somehow, I thought
the same starter could be used with either size flywheel (with a manual
transmission), and that the difference was in the bellhousing and its subsequent
location of the starter.   I know there is a difference in starters for
manual versus auto trans.

DB Electrical customer service is great--if you tell them what you've got,
they certainly will be able to take care of you.