[DeTomaso] Starters W vs. C

Daniel C Jones daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 09:53:06 EST 2013

MSD p/m 5090 will not work.  Panteras and other 351C engined vehicles with
manual transmissions use a flywheel with 164 teeth.  This flywheel and the
matching starter is also shared by the Boss 302's and some other SBF
applications.  It does not interchange with 148 (e.g. Mustang II) or 157 teeth
(e.g. 5.0L Mustang with T-5) SBF manual transmission flywheels or 164 teeth
automatic transmission flexplate 351C's (and other SBF automatic transmissions
such as Mustang 5.0L with AOD).  You need a starter designed for a 164 teeth
manual transmission application.  MSD p/n 50901 should work.

Dan Jones