[DeTomaso] Exotic spotter

Mike Thomas mbefthomas at comcast.net
Sat Feb 23 16:34:17 EST 2013

You would be correct.  The Countach was restored from the ground up by the
owner, nicely done.  They drove up from Portland for the '05 or '06 Seattle
Italian Concours.  This pic would have been taken when they were en route at
some point.  The Countach didn't have an easy time of the trip.  I got a
frantic call at 9:30 on the Friday evening before the Sunday show as they
were on I-5 about 20 miles south of Seattle, and the Countach had a flat
rear tire - the second one of the trip - and they were wondering if I knew
where they could take the car to get the tire fixed or replaced.
Thankfully, the return trip was without incident, but he's never come back
to Seattle that I'm aware of.

Interesting side note, we had our Chapter meeting at the LeMay museum in
Tacoma this morning.  Panteras Northwest is also a club member of LeMay Club
Auto http://www.lemaymuseum.org/page.php?id=77, which gives some great
privileges at the museum.  When I pulled into the public parking lot for the
meeting this morning, nestled between the minivans and Mustangs was a
beautiful chrome yellow '67 Ferrari 330 GTC.  This was not a totally sunny
day, either, with rain showers around the area, so it was very cool to see
the Ferrari out and being driven.  Always been one of my favorite cars.

Mike Thomas
Panteras Northwest