[DeTomaso] NPC Collective question

scott black timepiecepr2 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 22 10:29:36 EST 2013

Jerry,

We did the PR for Panoz Auto Development back when they were still building street cars for the public. I am also in Dallas.

The factory in Atlanta still does some refurbs on cars and also has a reasonable supply of parts. Most of the equipment, though, did come from Ford sourced vehicles. Since there was a fairly strong Panoz dealer for a while (Lineback) in the market, there are actually a few cars around. Plus, John Leveritt Sr. at Panoz usually keeps track of the locations of the cars they built (less than 300 Esperantes to my memory).

It is a good sound car that can be maintained easily and is rare enough that people don't know it well.  I owned one for a couple of years. I had the factory tuner (he was at the campus then) put 4:10 gears and a 6 speed Tremec in it. The combo really helped with both launches and with RPM's.

Scott Black

TimePiece Public Relations & Marketing
Marketing Acceleration
www.tprm-usa.com