[DeTomaso] Speedo

Fred Stoye fstoye at aol.com
Mon Feb 18 17:35:23 EST 2013

Before I tear my dash apart taking out my speedometer, I will ask for help. Last summer, the speedometer in my '72 Pre L went crazy. Bumping up and down, pulsing, maxing out then going somewhat normal. I disconnected the cable (3 years old) and then re-connected and tried again. No luck, same thing. How often do the speedometers go bad or is it the cable? I know you can take them out and have them rebuilt or look for a new one. If it's the cable, to me, that would be a better fix than taking apart the dash. Thanks for your help, in advace.

Fred Stoye
'72 Red