[DeTomaso] Lifetime of tools available

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Feb 16 14:42:12 EST 2013

Hi guys,

Got this from Gary Roys today:

=====

Mike,

 Why don't you post my tools for sale on the forum for me? I can send pics
of everything..

 Here is the description from the Craigslist ad...

 I am selling my tools and boxes. This is for everything as one sale - No
trades - Will not separate

I have quite a few tools and 99.9% of them are quality tools. Mostly older
Craftsman (60's and 70's), Mac and Snap-On. NO HARBOR FREIGHT CRAP. Many
sets of wrenches in every configuration, both inch and metric. Every socket
imaginable, in short, med and deep and 6 point and 12 point. I have all kinds
of pliers, including snap ring and any type of wire cutter. Vice grips,
channel locks, small and large screw drivers...I have drill bits, every size tap
and die, files, all kinds of engine assembly tools, ring filer. There is a
set of dial bore gages, digital calipers, etc. There are Crescent wrenches,
tubing wrenches, picks, chisels, punches and several Torque Wrenches......

There are multiples of the 1/4, 3/8 and 1/2 air wrenches, small air
grinders and air hammers.

The Mac Tool Box is the 35th Anniversary Mustang Box and the other is a
Costco Stainless Box. I bought both of them new and they have only been in my
garage and are in perfect condition. There is more than $4,000 in just the
boxes.

I have pics of every drawer and there are way too many to fit in the ad. I
will send them to you upon request.

My garage is heated and there is absolutely no rust on any of these tools.

$9,500 for everything - No lowball offers - No trades - Will not separate
tools from boxes.
I live in Troy, Michigan.

rce789 at yahoo.com

 Thanks...........Gary

====

I have spent many days working in Gary's garage (mostly on my Mustang), and
I can tell you, he has EVERYTHING.   Those few things that I felt he needed
that he didn't have, like ratcheting wrenches, *I* bought for him!

I can't begin to calculate what it would cost to replicate this tool
collection if you bought them new--$20K?   $30K?   Lots, anyway.

His brother lives nearby and has an almost identical collection of tools,
so this set is surplus to the cause (they race a NASCAR stocker together; his
brother drives, and Gary wrenches).

So, if you're interested in being The Man in your neighborhood with all the
tools, give him a shout!