[DeTomaso] New Pantera Owners?

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Feb 13 16:07:34 EST 2013

In a message dated 2/13/13 12 29 25, jjdetrich at gmail.com writes:

> Many years ago, there was a high school  kid in California who was doing
> lot of interesting things with his car that he shared with us on the
> forum.
> I wonder what ever became of him.
>

>>>That's Larry Wu; he's a flight attendant for Virgin America, and in his
late 20s now.   I just flew on Virgin America in December; he wasn't on the
flight but the other attendants knew him.   I think he still has the
Pantera.

He had a totally ridiculous idea to cut out the inner wheelhouses and
remake that whole area out of carbon fiber--it never would have worked, as
there's no reliable way to bond it to steel.   Last time I saw him (he was working
on another Virgin America flight, about a year, year and a half ago), he
told me he had the car up on jackstands, awaiting further funds.

It's a shame, as it really was a very nice car (a red '72 converted to GT5
spec).   I hope it gets put back to the configuration it was in when I saw
it last.